CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

What Is Right?

*sigh*

To save or not to save, that is the question.

My dad is dying.

He is on his death bed.

He has liver cancer.

Doctors say maximum 3 months, possibly sooner.

His condition is getting worse.

When Papa was diagnosed with the same problem, I did everything I could, using all my knowledge of health food to help him.

Though he was pronounced cancer free, he went due to a bleeding ulcer.

It was his time, nothing could have stopped him.

Now I am facing with the dilemma of my dad.

Should I just stand by and watch him go or should I put my family through the whole torturous process of trying to save him.

I know, we should always try, nothing is written in stone…. But what if in the process a lot of people gets hurt.

Is it justifiable to hurt a bunch of us just to save one life?

If I am sure he can be saved, it is not an issue, but life and death is in the hands of the all-Mighty.

Should I just let the whole family start the mourning process?

I believe in the saying, Don’t die before you are dead, and, Don’t make the mistake of treating the dying as dead.

Easier said than done.

I realised it was very hard for me to look at my dad in the hospital, but I also realised it was harder to look at my family members.

I avoided them like the plague.

Still, the main question, should I just stand by?

Should I try?

Everyone who knows about my issue knows that I am drowning myself in my work.

Drowning myself in social activities.

Some say I am in denial.

Maybe I am.

I don’t like feeling helpless.

I don’t like looking at my dad and knowing that he is in a lot of pain.

Doing what is right is not easy when you have no idea what is right.


0 comments: