CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

The Aftermath

I’m so glad it’s a new month.

July wasn’t a good month for me.

Last week was the worst.

The funeral.

The family politics.

A funeral brings family member closer, but I have seen funerals tearing a family apart.

Feuds, fights, jostling for position.

Luckily father’s funeral was not that bad.

There were moments where I had to hold my tongue out of respect for both my mother and father.

Yes, I do respect father.

Not the conventional way, but I grieve and cope in my own way.

Anyways, the deceased are gone but the living is left behind to grief.

It’s a major blow for mother as within two years, she has lost both her mum and her husband.

My grandma that I really adore and my father.

She now bears the burden of holding the family together.

She bears the responsibility of being fair.

She holds the power to give or take away.

I feel sorry for her.

I don’t wanna be in her shoes.

Anyways, I am glad I had a heart to heart chat with her.

She knows where I stand.

She knows I am there for her.

I just hope she isn’t pressured into making a decision on the family financial situation.

I love my mother in my own way.

She knows, I know, and that is all that matters.


0 comments: