CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Merdeka?

Merdeka?

Yesterday was Merdeka day, it came and it went.

I hardly noticed it.

This is sad as I love Merdeka days.

In school, I am always involved with the parade.

After 7 years of conditioning, its hard not to be excited.

But this year……

There were hardly any flags flying.

I know one should not place their patriotism based on the number of flags flown but….

I love my country, and I believe Malaysia is one of the best place to live in but I have a sense of foreboding.

I can feel that things will come to a boil.

What worries me is that what will happen when things boil over?

Revolution?

Anarchy?

I will not be an ostrich and keep my head in the sand, but I have to think about my family, my next generation.

Who will protect us?

The courts?

The police?

*sigh*

For now I just wanna celebrate my raya and see the smiling faces of my family.

Happy Merdeka…. Wherever you are!


0 comments: