CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

True Friends

Last Sunday I was awaken early in the morning by someone who needed help.

The help is not financial but that someone was arrested and needed to be bailed.

Well….. under normal circumstances that would be a no brainer but….. that person is not a friend.

I knew that person once from online and met once.

After that, we haven’t communicated for weeks.

Out of the blue, a big favour is called……

To make things worse, I too need to be in court the next day for bailing that person out.

Too bad, I have an important presentation and couldn’t help out.

I guess it was convenient that I had a good reason not to help….. for I felt very uncomfortable to be asked of such a big favour from someone I hardly knew.

And then pity set in, coz I just realised that person does not have a friend that she can count on.

It got me thinking….. how about me?

When I am in a jam…. Who can I count on?

Someone that I know that wont let me down without a strong valid reason.

Here they are….. not in any special order but randomly listed…..

Diane, Alyssa, Ben, H, Dinesh, Chandra, Jay, Mark and David.

People that I can trust to Not let me down when their help is needed.

They are the ones that I will not let down if ever they need my help.

I guess I am blessed.


0 comments: