CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pets


This is the cat that my friend just adopted, Tiger.

She has been pushing me to get a cat of my own.

The thing is I am living in a condo and cats are not allowed.

The only pets I have are a pair of fishes in a tank.

I also have 6 huge turtles but I have no place for them in the condo.

They are staying with my mom who has a large compound. LOL

The thing is, when I was growing up, all pets died on me.

It is only now that they stayed alive.

I had 8 turtles but 2 died.

As for the fishes, you have no idea how many has died and had to be replaced.

My pride and joy, Kaloi and Striped Keli are the only survivors.

I have abit of a phobia with pets dying.

My earliest memories of a pet were fishes. They lasted about 6 months.

Then there were a pair of turtles. Died within the year.

White mouse. Within a month.

A kitten. 2 days.

Rabbits. A year.

So…. You can see the reluctance in me to take in a cat or kitten.

Not only do I feel that my place is not big enough for a cat, but I have a fear of pets dying on me.

It might be only goldfishes, but when the whole lot died, it took all I have not to break down.

I really loved my pets.

A cat dying on me would be horrible.

I love cats.

I have always love cats.

So, when I say no to them, trust me, it is with a very heavy heart.

0 comments: